Informacja od organizatorów:
Dear Sir/Madam, We are happy to announce that the 44th Foreign Kendo Leaders’ Summer Seminar hosted by All Japan Kendo Federation will be held as follows. The purpose of this seminar is to foster Kendo leaders in each country, therefore we would like Kendo practitioners who are suitable for this purpose to participate in this event. The curriculum of the seminar shall help the participants promote proper Kendo in his/her country and give better instructions to his/her students after they get back to their own country. If there are persons who you would like to recommend for this seminar from your organization, please refer to the following instructions and send us the application.
1. Term: July 21 (FRI) – July 28 (FRI), 2017
2. Place: Gedatsukai Kenshu Center (Kitamoto City, Saitama Pref., Approximately 1 hour from Ueno St. by train)
3. Qualifications of Participants:
1) Officially registered members of your organization and those who are recommended by the President of the organization
2) Those who are instructors presently in your organization or potential instructors
3) Those with Kendo 3 Dan up to 6 Dan in principle
4) Those who understand Japanese or English to some extent (because the language used at the seminar is Japanese and it is interpreted into English only.) **Please do not include Japanese nationals who have belonged (or will belong) to your organization for a short period (a few years) or who will return to Japan in near future, and those who currently live in Japan with member registration of your organization.
4. Expected Number of Participants: Approximately 50 in total
1) The number of the applicants that are recommended by each country should be 3 or less. (Write the names of the applicants in order of priority in the prescribed application form.)
2) In case the total number of the applicants exceeds 50, AJKF shall conduct a screening based on the situation of Kendo promotion in each country, the order of priority from each country, Dan of the applicants, the past records of participation from each country and some other conditions, and will choose the participants.
5. How to apply: Application Deadline: February 17, 2017
1) Fill out the attached form “Application for 2017 Foreign Kendo Leaders’ Summer Seminar”, the President of the organization signs and send it back to AJKF (Attn: email@example.com and CC: firstname.lastname@example.org ) by the above deadline. We appreciate your strict observing the deadline.
2) The result of the screening (whether the applicants can participate or not) will be informed the President of the organization in the end of April from AJKF.
6. Curriculum: History of Kendo, Fundamental Practice, Drill in Techniques, Kendo-Kata, Refereeing, Coaching , etc.
7. Expenses: Each participant shall bear his/her own round-trip ticket from his/her country to Japan. AJKF shall bear the expenses (accommodations and meals) during the seminar term and also pay 5,000 Yen as subsidy for domestic transportation fare to each participant.
8. Dan Examinations: AJKF Dan examinations will be held for the qualified participants who desire to take it on the last day of the seminar term. (The participants for the seminar only are eligible for the Dan examination application.) AJKF will inform each participant (those who are selected as the participants by AJKF) of how to apply for the Dan examination in due course.
21 Lipiec, 2017
Gedatsukai Kenshu Center, Kitamoto, Japonia